Date(s) - 08/11/2018
8:15 am - 2:30 pm
Join us for a twisty drive, followed by a a two hour tubing trip on beautiful French Broad River. Afterwards we’ll be brought back to the Headwaters Outfitters base where we’ll have lunch at their food truck and beverages from their “Forks on the River Tap Room”
PLEASE FILL OUT THIS QUICK ONLINE WAIVER PRIOR TO THE EVENT
PLEASE BRING $15.00 CASH FOR TUBING FEE TO GET THE GROUP RATE
8:15am drivers meeting at Mobil Gas Station: 6147 Pigeon Road, Canton NC 28176
8:30am Drive the scenic Lake Logan Road (aka NC-215) to Headwaters Outfitters
9:30am Pay and get our equipment and instructions
10:00am – 12:00pm Group Tubing along the beautiful French Broad River
12:30pm – 2:30pm – Lunch at the Food Truck and Tap Room
Lunch is to paid on your own in addition to the Tubing Fee
Tubing Group Rate is $15.00 and includes:
Transportation to and from the river
A riverside orientation
Mobil Gas Station – Meeting Location
6147 Pigeon Road
Canton, NC 28716
25 Parkway Road
Rosman, NC 28772
Suggested Things to Bring:
Shoes are required: Old Sneakers or Water shoes are recommended
Change of Clothes
Hat or Visor
Listed below you will find information to help you in organizing your tubing adventure. PLEASE REVIEW ALL INFORMATION and make sure that ALL MEMBERS of your party are informed as well.
1) All participants must be able to swim, and will be required to wear shoes (old tennis shoes or river shoes work fine, FLIP FLOPS DO NOT), and wear lifejackets at all times while on the river (we provide them, however you may bring your own if coastguard approved).
2) Arrive at Headwaters Outfitters no later 30 minutes prior to your trip departure time. Everyone should be dressed in river attire, sun screen on and ready to go. (Leave yourself extra time if you wish to get ready here)
3) Link text All participants or legal guardians for those under 18 must read, complete and sign Headwaters Outfitters “Acknowledgement of Risk & Release of Liability” form. There will be no participation without this completed form. Follow the link for a printable PDF file, print both front & back of form, one per person, read and sign form and make sure to bring them with you! The form must be fully completed, signed, and in our hands prior to participation.
4) For parking while on the river, use the second entrance to our property, on the left, and park behind the smaller building. Bring release forms and enter the large building through the set of stairs at the back of the building.
5) After check-in, all participants will be outfitted with appropriate lifejackets. You will then be transported in our 15 passenger van to the put in location in Rosman. Then let the floating begin! Your River host will set up a time that you agree to meet at Lyon’s Mountain bridge, approximately 2 miles downriver. He/she will meet you at that time, load up all river equipment and return all tubers back to Headwaters Outfitters.
6) Weather: As you may be aware, weather in the mountains can change rapidly. We want to make sure that all tubers are prepared for changing weather conditions. Please review the guidelines & suggestions for a great river trip found in our River Trip Tips. We also have a FAQ section that you may find useful.
7) In case of rain you may want to call in advance to check river levels. We do not operate river trips when the river is high, above 3′ on the Rosman River Gauge, or in thunder/lightening storms.
8) Directions to our shop @ the intersection of Hwy 64 and Hwy 215, Rosman, NC 28772
Thank-you for reviewing the above information, it is crucial for the smooth operation of our river programs. We also appreciate that you have chosen Headwaters Outfitters for your river adventure and look forward to seeing you on the river soon. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
# of Spaces Booked14
Who's Going (does not show attendees guests)
- Barry Patascher
- Robin Patascher
- Judith McElrath
- Patrick Crowley
- Sonia Roberts
- David Roberts
- Laura Harlan
- Tom Selck
- Max Haner
- teresa balcom
- Kathy Kdan